- Dreams of Distant Shores by Patricia A. McKillip - I might finish this one tonight.
- The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-Mi Hwang - The only book I actually own on this list.
- A Knock on the Door: The Essential History of Residential Schools from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada - Not exactly light reading but something I definitely want to work through. I imagine this should/will be required reading in many Canadian high schools and universities.
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab - I've only read her A Darker Shade of Magic books. Looking forward to this new one!
- Roses and Rot by Kat Howard - Another new book I've heard a lot of great things about. I love the premise.
- A Secret Vice by J.R.R. Tolkien (edited by Dmitri Fimi and Andrew Higgins) - Would have loved to have this book when I wrote a paper for my undergrad about Tolkien's passion for language inventing!
- Good Medicine: The Art of Ethical Care in Canada by Philip Hebert - I recently read a couple of books about aging and dying. I also spent a lot of time discussing the ethics of assisted suicide when I was doing my ESL teaching practicum. When I came across this title, I thought it would be a good option to round out my reading with a Canadian perspective.
- The Portable MLIS edited by Ken Haycock and Brooke E. Sheldon - A book I signed out ages ago, to teach and remind of my future career goals :P
Are you participating in 24 in 48?